Installing the system
Read the version page to find out what is the most
recent version and what has been changed.
Down load code
- down load
daq.tar and expand it
(tar xvf daq.tar). ftp the created file structure to the PC.
- On a PC: expand it with the shareware package "WinZip95".
(I had a probleme with winzip. The size of the executable was larger
than the original one and did not work).
The file size of daq_v2.0b_dll.exe should be 91648 bytes.
- The file daq.tar is always the latest version. If you want to download
an older version go to download page.
- The tar file contains the executable (daq.exe), the directories
the program assumes that they exist, the dsp boot file, and various
setup files (config, detector description files, autopilot files ...).
- If you want to retrieve only single files, e.g.: a new version of
daq.exe, or the source code go to the
The following is a list of files and directories that are needed and
which you obtain when downloading the tar file.
- In the local directory you must have:
These are the executables. For daq_dll.exe the code was generated
multithreaded with dynamic link libraries (dll). The static linked
version is not running so we took it out from the new releases.
- sys_main.asc: The dsp boot code.
- config: contains the system setup, which is read when the
program is started.
- These subdirectories are needed. Edit the config file and set the
correct directory names.
In the cb directory you should find the following control block
- autop: contains auto pilot files.
- cb: contains control block files.
- data: the data are written into this directory.
- detectors: contains the detector description files.
- hac_reset.cb, hac_tp_reset.cb
- cal_0.cb, cal_1.cb, cal_2.cb, cal_3.cb
- noise.cb, source.cb
Edit the config file and check if the directory names are correct,
the dsp address matches your dsp address and type in the name of your
default detector plane (the detector plane description file must be in the
Good Luck .
Silicon home page
comments or questions :