- Configuration File
- Detector Description file
- Autopilot Files
The configuration file config contains the startup informations about the readout
configurations. It contains:
The file name must be config and it must be located in the local directory in which
daq.exe is started.
- directories the program is using to locate control block files, detector description
- base address of the dsp
- and default detector planes connected to the dsp.
# dsp address
# detector planes
link: 0 kek1_a
link: 1 kek1_b
The key words dataDir:, detectorDir:, ctrlBlkDir and autoPilotDir: specify
the directory names the program searches to find files.
dsp: is the base address of the dsp. The dsp address has to be specified.
link: linkNr fileName tells the program that the detector plane with the detector
description file fileName is connected to link linkNr.
A detector description file contains information about a detector plane.
If a detector plane is added to the readout (using the Setup property page), the
corresponding detector description file is executed. The following example lists all
- chips: N
- number of readout chips (CDP's). The total number of readout channels
is 128 * N
- counterVal: N
- The counter value is the data size in bytes. If the value is not given
the counter value is calculated from the number of chips.
nChips = 3: counter_value = 54;
nChips = 6: counter_value = 105;
- loops: n
- number of loops an fifo is executed using the doCalibrate command.
The maximum number of loops is given by the memory of the dsp, the number
of readout triggers within one execution of a control block and the data size
(depends on the number of chips) from the detector plane.
- calDelay: N
- delay of the calibration pulse. N must be between 0 and 255. For most of the
ll-cards the full range corresponds to a delay between 0ns and 75ns. The correct value
for the delay is obtained by a delay scan measuring the efficiency versus delay.
- hit_type: 0/1
- The hit type specifies if a 0 or 1 is interpreted as a hit. For most of the
newer detectors a 0 is the hit type.
- V_ref, v_att, v_cal, v_thres: V
- dac settings. v_thres is in [mV] all ohter values are in [V].
- CB_cal: file N1 .... N4
- Calibration control block file and the channels (modulo 4) the calibration pulse is seen.
CB_cal: cal_0.cb 1calibration signal is seen in the readout channels
1, 5, 9, ....
CB_cal: cal_0.cb 0 3 calibration signal is seen in the readout channels
0, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, ......
# detector description file
v_ref: 1.8 // in V
v_att: 0.0 // in V
v_cal: 0.0 // in V
v_thres: 200 // in mV
# control blocks
CB_cal: cal_0.cb 0
CB_cal: cal_1.cb 2
#calib: start stop, stepSize, threshold[mV], fname
calib: 0.05 0.8 0.05 100 qin0
calib: 0.05 0.8 0.05 120 qin1
calib: 0.1 0.9 0.05 140 qin2
calib: 0.05 1.1 0.1 160 qin3
calib: 0.2 1.1 0.1 180 qin4
calib: 0.2 1.1 0.1 200 qin5
calib: 0.2 1.1 0.1 220 qin6
calib: 0.3 1.2 0.1 260 qin7
Silicon home page
comments or questions :
Break out of frames to bookmark page thereafter.