Primary date is March 29th and 30th Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.
Rain date (in case of wind, rain) April 5th and 6th.
- Afternoon Tesla Demonstration at Natomas H.S. in Sacramento
- 5:00pm Arrival at the Timm Ranch in Vacaville/Dixon
- 5:30pm Social
- 6:30pm Outreach 2003 in the Bay Area
Gordon Spear (GLAST)
Rachel Dewey (COS / Calspace)
Andi Erzberger (Quarknet)
Hartmut Sadrozinski (SCIPP)
- 8;00pm Dinner
- 10:00pm Star gazing
- 8;30am Arrival of H.S. Students
- 9:00am Breakfast and Introductions
- 10:00am Student presentations of their balloon experiments done at their individual schools
- 12:00am Lunch
- 1:00pm Balloon Launch Competition
- 4:00pm Return to Ranch
- 4:30pm Talk on GLAST/Astrophysics
GLAST (Terry Schalk or Jim Martin)
Pulsars (Rachel Dewey or Steve Thorsett)
Antarctic balloon launch (Eric Muhs)
GLAST Telescope Network (Gordon Spear)
- 6:30pm Ranch BBQ dinner
- 8:00pm Award ceremony
- 8:30pm Ranch night walk and star gazing
- 10:00pm Students set-up tents, sleeping bags, prepare for the night
- 7:00am Breakfast
- 8:00am High Altitude Balloon Flight
- 12:00am Lunch, Clean-up and Departure
1. No alcohol, tobacco or drugs of any kind (except coffee and cola).
2. No ins and outs (must stay on premises for duration of weekend).
3. Students bring their own sleeping-bags.
4. Permission slips required one month before date.
5. Adults model expected student behavior as long as students are present.