Associate Research Physicist at SCIPP, UCSC
Ph.D. Southern Methodist Univeristy, 2000; M.S. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1993Office: Room 301, ISB, Phone: (831) 459-2126, E-mail: vf -at- scipp -0- ucsc -0- edu
- ATLAS Upgrade
- Performance of sensors with "slim" edges
- Development a new silicone-based interconnect for pixel sensors
- High-speed data transmission performance on flex cables
- ILC Silicon Tracking Technology
- Investigation of sensor noise component caused by strip resistance
- Charge division method on silicon strip sensor
- Development of FPGA-based readout of the front-end chip
- Investigation of rad-hard sensor technology for very forward calorimeter ("BeamCal")
- Multi-channel neural recording system
Prior to SCIPP, I was a postdoc at LBL, working on Supernova Cosmology, ATLAS SCT construction, and sound restoration from old records. My thesis experiment was CLEO.
A current (as of April 2010) list of publications is available here.
Page updated 2011/06/16